Home > Student Development > Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) > Programmes > National Education Programme
National Education Programme
The objectives of National Education (NE) in Bedok View are as follows:
To develop national cohesion, the instinct for survival and confidence in the future, by:
- fostering a sense of identity, pride and self-respect as Singaporeans;
- knowing the Singapore story -- how Singapore succeeded against the odds to become a nation;
- understanding Singapore's unique challenges, constraints and vulnerabilities, which make us different from other countries; and
- instilling the core values of our way of life, and the will to prevail, that ensures our continued success and well-being.
National Education Messages
The following six NE messages drives the programme in Bedok View:
- Singapore is our homeland; this is where we belong.
We treasure our heritage and take pride in shaping our own unique way of life.
- We must preserve racial and religious harmony.
We value our diversity and are determined to stay a united people.
- We must uphold meritocracy and incorruptibility.
We provide opportunities for all, according to their ability and effort.
- No one owes Singapore a living.
We find our own way to survive and prosper, turning challenge into opportunity.
- We must ourselves defend Singapore.
We are proud to defend Singapore ourselves, no one else is responsible for our security and well-being.
- We have confidence in our future.
United, determined and well-prepared, we have what it takes to build a bright future for ourselves, and to progress together as one nation.
National Education Programmes
- Commemoration and Celebration of NE Core Events
- NE Learning Journeys
- NE-related competitions
- Red Dot Ambassadors (RDAs)
The Red Dot Ambassadors (RDAs) represent an interest group of students in Bedok View Secondary School (BVSS) who play a critical role in organizing and promoting National Education (NE) related activities within & beyond the school. They do this through small initiatives as well as through the execution of core events in the school. Besides this, the RDAs also play an important role in the integration of the International Students (IS).
Key Roles of Red Dot Ambassadors (RDAs)
- To promote National Education in school through the 4 core events & other enrichment programmes
- To support the school in the 4 core events & other enrichment programmes
- To lead their peers in keeping the school clean
- To lead their peers in upholding the school values in their daily behaviour
RDAs are also offered unique training opportunities by external vendors to build up their confidence and leadership capabilities. One of the programmes offered is the Community Laboratory Programme, a collaboration with Southeast CDC.
RDAs pitching their proposal to SE CDC
RDAs doing their bit to give back to the residents of Bedok Peace Haven
- Total Defence Day Commemoration (Term 1)
- International Friendship Day Celebration (Term 2)
- Racial Harmony Day Commemoration (Term 3)
- National Day Celebration (Term 3)
- Level-based Learning Journeys
- International Students (IS) Integration Activities
- CE Quiz for Secondary 4 classes
National Education (NE) Core Events
International Friendship Day 2018
Celebrating the ASEAN CommunityDrama Performance and Interaction with Bedok Viewans
Total Defence Day 2018
Together We Keep Singapore Strong
RDAs pledging their commitment to Total Defence.
Racial Harmony Day 2018
Strength in Diversity
Staff & parents dressed up in different cultural costumes
National Day 2018
We Are Singapore
Bedok View staff & students all clad in red!