2017 Direct School Admission
2017 Direct School Admission – Secondary Exercise
Click here to read the press release.
Click here to download the Application Form.
Direct School Admission - Secondary (DSA-Sec)
DSA-Sec is an admission exercise to allow approved schools the flexibility to select some P6 students for admission to Secondary One based on their achievements and talents, before the PSLE results are released. The DSA-Sec provides students an opportunity to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievements and talents beyond academic results in seeking admission to a secondary school.
In April 2013, MOE approved Bedok View Secondary School as one of the schools under the DSA-Sec Exercise for Niche Development in Uniformed Groups. Since 2014, Bedok View Secondary School has been offering Secondary One places to aspiring students with the desire to be developed as leaders in Uniformed Groups. Beginning 2015, we have expanded this to offer Secondary One places to students who demonstrate leadership potential in all CCAs.
The Good Values@BV in Bedok View Secondary SchoolOur school CCA curriculum provides students with opportunities to discover their strengths and interests; demonstrate their learning and showcase their respective talents. This focus is the genesis of the Learning for Life Programme through the Good Values@BV programme. The school’s CCA curriculum helps students to develop sound values, positive character and citizenship traits, as well as social and emotional competencies.
Our emphasis is on developing character traits in our students, because we believe they are critical success factors for the future. On a daily basis, we uphold school rules, regulations, routines and habits, for they help students to develop Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Service and Excellence, our school values which are seamlessly woven into our developmental CCA programmes.
In this Direct School Admission Exercise, we are looking for promising Primary 6 pupils who exhibit the following qualities:
1. Strong leadership qualities:
• Held leadership position in primary school (preferably leadership position in a primary school’s
CCA/student leadership body e.g. Class Monitors, Prefects, CCA leaders/Captains, NE Ambassadors etc.)
• Testimonial/Records from school on pupil’s leadership qualities and contributions.
• Selection will also be based on character and values exhibited by the students which are aligned
to the Bedok View School Values of Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Service and Excellence.
2. Contribution to society:
• At least 6 hours of VIA hours per year
• Testimonial from school/organisation on pupil’s involvement in community work
• At least `Very Good’ or better
Successful applicants will join Bedok View Secondary School in January 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview session. Students will be assessed on the qualities indicated in the DSA CCA Admission Criteria (as stated above) and their potential ability so as to ensure that they can benefit from the rigorous curriculum we offer. If accepted, students are obliged to join one of the school’s CCAs.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
copy of the Application Form or obtain a copy of the Application Form from the School General Office.
person to the following address:
Bedok View Secondary School
6 Bedok South Avenue 3
Attention: Mdm Kathleen Chng
3. We will NOT accept application forms via fax, post and / or electronic mail.
4 . Incomplete applications will be rejected.
5. All applications must be submitted in person to the school General Office by 30 June 2017, 5 p.m.
6. Please submit the following documents together with your application form
(duly signed by the applicant and parent / guardian):
· Copies of Primary 5 Mid-Year and End-of-Year result slips and Primary 6 Mid-Year result slips.
· Copies of other supporting documents e.g. CCA records, certificates, community
service records letters of commendations, etc.
7. The following applicants must obtain a Registration Number from MOE Customer Service Centre (MOE CSC)
before they submit the application form:
· Students who are currently not studying in our national schools
· Returning Singaporeans, both citizens and PRs, who are currently not studying in our
Applicants can approach MOE CSC starting from 8 May 2017. Please refer to the MOE CSC website for their contact information.
8. Applicants who are International Students and currently NOT studying in our national schools are required to take part and pass the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before they are considered for DSA-Sec allocation. International Students who wish to participate in this DSA-Sec Exercise can apply to the respective DSA-Sec schools first before taking the AEIS.
For details on the AEIS and registration dates, please
refer to the following AEIS website here.
9. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
10. For further queries, please call the General Office at 64430563 or email to Kathleen_CHNG@schools.gov.sg
Frequently Asked Questions
All Primary 6 students who meet the selection criteria.
a. Strong leadership qualities:
· Held leadership positions in primary school
b. Has contributed to the community through VIA Programmes:
· At least 6 hours
· At least `Very Good’ or better.
forms will be available at the School General Office and available for download
here. Submit the completed form
together with the supporting documents in
person to the School General Office by 30 June 2017, 5 p.m.
· Copies of Primary 5 Mid-Year and End-of-Year result slips and Primary 6 Mid Year result slips.
· Copies of other supporting documents e.g. CCA records, certificates, community service
records, letters of commendations, etc.
Applicants will only be requested to submit certified true copies of the above supporting
documents if he/she is shortlisted.
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed via post or phone by 10 July 2017 to attend an interview.
Interviews will be conducted from 12 July to 14 July 2017.
All shortlisted applicants will know the outcome of their applications via post or phone call by 31 August 2017.
Applicants who have a Confirmed Offer or are on the Waiting List will be issued with the School Preference Form from their respective primary schools from 30 October 2017.
Applicants who are currently NOT studying in our national schools are required to collect their School Preference Forms at the MOE CSC from 30 October 2017.
Applicants who are
currently NOT studying in our national schools are to submit their
School Preferences via DSA-Sec IS or at MOE CSCby 3 November 2017, 3
p.m. (Singapore time).
DSA-Sec allocation results will be released through the child’s primary school together with the PSLE results in late November.
Applicants who are currently NOT studying in our national schools can collect their DSA-Sec allocation results from MOE CSC
Unsuccessful DSA-Sec applicants will be issued with a Secondary One Option Form so that they can participate in the Secondary One Posting Exercise. During the Secondary One Posting Exercise, your child may still opt for the schools that had not been able to offer them a place under the DSA-Sec Exercise. Other than Integrated Programme (IP) schools, 80-95% of places in DSA-Sec participating schools will continue to be available to students under the Secondary One Posting Exercise.
12. What is the frequency and duration of CCA training in Bedok View Secondary School?
CCA training is conducted at least once a week for 4 to 6
hours. However, some CCAs may conduct more training sessions. Training hours
may increase during competition periods.
13. Will my child be allowed to choose the CCA he/she wants to join?
Yes, however, if we find that he/she is more suited to a particular CCA after the interview, we will advise him/her accordingly.
14. How can I find out more about each CCA?